The ultimate challenge for hikers all around the world: The Choquequirao Trek. Take your spirit and your trekking boots to walk in the Andean nature and reach one of the newest destinations in Peru. Four days of adventures in the mountains and the jungle. Four days of amazing pictures and unforgettable memories.
This trek is hard but you will have an amazing experience as reward. Trekkers all around the world recommend our services. Trust TOUR IN PERU for your next adventure!
Choquequirao Trek – Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Capuliyoc – Chaquisca
- 06:00 Transfer from hotel to Cachora in private van
- 10:00 Arrival to Cachora. Start of the trek
- 12:00 Arrival to Capulloc Pass. Lunch
- 15:00 Arrival to Chaquisca, first camp site
Day 2: Chaquisca – Santa Rosa – Sunchupata
- 05:00 Breakfast
- 05:30 Start of the trek. Hike to Playa Rosalina
- 12:00 Lunch in Santa Rosa
- 15:00 Hike to Maranpata
- 17:00 Camping in Sunchupata
Day 3: Sunchupata – Choquequirao – Santa Rosa – Chaquisca
- 05:00 Breakfast and start of the trek
- 06:30 Arrivval to Choquequirao Archaeological Site
- 06:45 Guided Tour in Choquequirao
- 09:45 Trek back to Sunchupata and Santa Rosa. Lunch
- Return to Playa Rosalina and Chaquisca. Camping night
Day 4: Cachora – Conoc – Cusco
- 06:00 Breakfast. Start of the trek back to Cachora
- 12:00 Arrival to Cachora. Visit of the hotsprings in Conoc
- Trip back to Cusco in private van
- 20:00 Arrival to Cusco
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The Choquequirao Trek Includes:
- Pick up and Transfers: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Transfers: Cusco – Cachora – Cusco
- Professional Bilingual Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets to Choquequirao Archaeological Site
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Camping equipment
- Full Assistance during the hike
The Choquequirao Trek Does Not Include:
- Horse for extra luggage
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Choquequirao Trek – First Day
We will pick you up from the hotel at 06:00 in a private van to go to the Cachora village. During the trip, we wll see the Inca ruins of Tarawasi. Once we get to the village the trek will start until the village of Capuliyoc (9200ft / 2800m). Later, you will have an amazing view of the Apurimac River Valley. Two hours later, we will get to Capuliyoc, a land of beautiful Andean mountain landscapes. Then we walk three more hours by more Andean landscapes and farmlands.until the campsite of Chaquisca (5100ft / 1550 m),
Choquequirao Trek – Second Day
You will have breakfast in a beautiful valley and then we will restart our hike up to Playa Rosalinia. As the path becomes harder, your guide will encourage you to keep on. Lunch will be in the town of Santa Rosa. Your surroundings will have fruit trees here and there as we approach the Maranpata zone. The camp will be in Sunchupata.
Choquequirao Trek – Third Day
We will have breakfast early and will trek one hour until our last destination: the Choquequirao Trek. Our guide will take all of you through the old Inca ruins explaining the history, uses, and every secret of the ruins. This visit is around 3 hours long. Then, we will hike back to Santa Rosa where we will have lunch and later we will get to the campsite of Chaquisca.
Choquequirao Trek – Fourth Day
After breakfast, we will start again the hike. During your way you will have a majestic sight of the Salkantay Snow Mountain and the Apurimac Canyon. We will arrive to the town of Cachora, and our van will take you to the hotsprings in Conoc for a relaxing time. Finally, you will be taken back to Cusco in the van.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Copy of your passport
- Clothes for cold weather (wool cap, poncho, gloves, jackets)
- Sunhat, sunscreen, water, personal medication
- Camera, money in cash
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trek Aid: You can rent a horse to complete the Rainbow Mountain or Salkantay Trek.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.