The beautiful Humantay Lagoon stands in the middle of majestic sacred mountains and snowies, amazingly mirrored on its turquoise still waters; on your way to this fascinating place you will witness the astonishing beauty of the Cusco Andes and feel its powerful, reinvigorating energy. This tour is ideal for those who doesn’t have much time but nevertheless want to have the best traveling experience.
Humantay Lagoon Hike – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- Pick up from the hotel
- Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata on touristic van
- Hike to the Soraypampa campsite
- Hike to the Humantay Lagoon. Free time to enjoy
- Hike back to the campsite
- Return to Cusco city
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The Humantay Lagoon 1-day Hike Includes:
- Professional guide in English and Spanish
- Round trip touristic van transportation Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa
- Complete camping equipment
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch
- Entrance ticket to Salkantay
- First-aid kit
The Humantay Lagoon 1-day Hike Does Not Include:
- Extra horse
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Our adventure begins around 5:00 am with the pick up at your hotel. On a touristic van we will head to the Mollepata village in Apurimac river valley. Breakfast will be with the tour group and afterwards there’s a hike towards Soraypampa (3.900 m), a large green plain where we will have a stop.
From here, we hike towards our final destination. After an hour and a half of walking along the magnificent Cusco geography, we will arrive to the wonderful spot: the high snowy mountains standing around the incredible beauty of the Humantay Lagoon. Don’t waste this chance to appreciate the view and take all the pictures you can of this wonder of nature at 4.200 meters above sea level. After this incredible experience, we go back to the campsite for lunch. Around 6:30 pm we return to Cusco city, leaving the group downtown.
What to bring for this tour
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Gloves, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trek Aid: You can rent a horse to complete the Rainbow Mountain or Salkantay Trek.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinions of travelers like you
Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.