Great, fast and comfortable alternative tour to Machu Picchu by Car. Travel with the group of friends or family, and have an opportunity meet new people on the way! Just sit, lay back and enjoy changing landscape of Andean mountain and subtropical jungle in a safe and pleasant journey to Machu Picchu!
Check more alternative treks to Machu Picchu and pick most suitable for you!
Machu Picchu by Car – Two Days, One Night Tour
Day 1: Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
- 07:30 am: Departure from Cusco and the start of the tour in private van.
- 10:30 am: Pass by Ollantaytambo
- 13:30 pm: Stop for lunch in Santa Teresa.
- 16:00 pm: Arrival at the Hydroelectric area.
- 16:20 pm: Trek to Aguas Calientes.
- 17:20 pm: Arrival at the village of Aguas Calientes. Relax at thermal baths in Aguas Calientes (optional)
- 20:00 pm: Dinner and Overnight at a hostel
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 04:00 am: Breakfast in your hostel
- 04:20 am: Hike to the ruins The hike from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Ruins (bus service is available and optional).
- 06:00 am: Guided tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 08:30 am: Free own time in Machu Picchu.
- 11:30 am: Return train from Aguas Calientes to Hydroelectric.
- 12:40 pm: Return to Cusco by private van.
- 21:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco.
Click here to see more alternative tours in Cusco and to Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu by Car Package Includes:
- Private van ride Cusco-Hydroelectric-Cusco
- Overnight at basic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- 1 lunch (day 1), 1 dinner (day 1) and breakfast (day 2)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
Machu Picchu by Car Package Does Not include:
- Bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train tickets
- Lunch on second day
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes townTips, or additional expenses
As an alternative Train tour to Machu Picchu, Tour in Peru offers you same tour by car. During this tour by car you will get to know the natural Inca wonders on top of the Andean mountains. On the way you will feel different micro climates, from subtropical jungle humidity to Andean Mountains snow- covered valleys and chilly rains. 2 days and 1 night tour by car is an affordable and worth way to reach Machu Picchu!
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Abra Malaga – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes (Lunch, Dinner)
At 7:00 the private van will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to start the tour. Once we will leave the city you will start to admire the landscapes of the Sacred Valley. The low vegetation extensive hills, the Urubamba red clay hills, eucalyptus trees everywhere on the road and authentic villages and communities of Quechua region.
Would like explore the Sacred Valley seperatly? Check the 1 Day Sacred Valley tour!
During day 1, we will pass by the town of Ollantaytambo (2792 m.) The town which gives you better understanding and real picture of the local people lives, buildings and culture. We will continue to the path towards the top of the mountains. After the leaving the valley of Ollantaytambo you will get a peak of snowy landscapes with almost no vegetation and fog around. On the way the Abra Malaga at 4320 m above sea level will be passed by this area is often covered in a thick clouds, snow or rain.
Later, we will get to Santa Teresa where we will have lunch and finally we will get to Hydroelectric. After a couple of hours of trekking, we will be in Aguas Calientes, the town next to Machu Picchu. You will spend the night there and you will have the rest of the day to chill out in the town or in the hot springs (not included) before visiting the inca wonder.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (B)
After a restful night at your hostel in Aguas Calientes, very early in the morning we will start hiking up to Machu Picchu. For those who don’t feel climbing there are bus services which will bring you to Machu Picchu in 30 minutes, in this case you need take first bus to meet the rest of the group for the guided tour.
Once everybody is up, it’s time for the guided Machu Picchu tour with our professional guide.
The tour through the temples, houses, agricultural terraces, patios and every corner of Machu Picchu will leave you speechless. Don’t be afraid ask questions to your guide, feel free, our team is here for you to complete your journey! After the guided tour you will have your own free time to keep exploring the ruins, take more amazing pictures or just enjoy the mystic and tranquility of Machu Picchu.
The return to Cusco will start from Puente Ruinas. We will trek until Hydroelectric where we will take the transport. We will start traveling back to Cusco and will arrive in Cusco around 10.00 pm.
Do yuo have two days to see Machu Picchu and want some more adventure? Then try 2 Days 1 Night Short Inca Trail!
What to bring for this tour
Tips what to bring for the tour:
- Original passport, International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if applicable
- Shoes or hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, polo shirts, pants, rain poncho (Nov-Mar)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, cosmetics and hand sanitizer
- Mineral water and personal medicine kit
- Shorts, plasters, bandages, extra money, swimwear
- Cameras, flashlights
- It is recommended to have the travel insurance
For more information and tips check out our carefully prepared list for the treks!
To qualify yourself as a student, you must have a valid ISIC card.
The hotel or train upgrades must be requested in advance.
For more information and bookings feel free to contact our Tour in Peru tem.
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.