Many people from around the world don’t pass the chance to hike the Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain in Quechua) which stands next to the Machu Picchu complex, because on the summit, the view is quite wonderful. It will be a really extraordinary experience! This tour is meant for travelers who are short on time but still want to do the Machu Picchu tour and climb the Huayna Picchu in just one day. It is possible! Enjoy the amazing Inca citadel and the landscape from the top of the mountain!
Check the Short Inca Trail availability now and book unforgettable journey to Machu Picchu!
MachuPicchu and HuaynaPicchu Mountain – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco city
- Bus ride from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Reception at the Aguas Calientes train station
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hike up and down to the Huayna Picchu mountain
- Professionally guided tour of one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Machu Picchu
- Free time afterwards to continue exploring the citadel at your own will
- Free time in Aguas Calientes for lunch, going around the village, etc
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco city
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain – 1 Day Package Includes:
- Free transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Licensed guide in English or Spanish
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu Mountain
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain – 1 Day Package Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Tour the extraordinary Machu Picchu Inca site and climb the amazing Huayna Picchu mountain in just one day! Enjoy the sight of the citadel from the top of the Huayna Picchu and take the best photos! Before reaching the peak you will find archaeological places and see wonderful landscapes. Book now your Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain 1-Day package, full of adventure and history, the travel experience of a lifetime!
Pick up from the hotel in Cusco city and head to the train station in Ollantaytambo. All along the way you will see the splendid beauty of Andean nature and even get to the border of the Peruvian Amazon jungle! In Ollantaytambo it will be time to take the train to Aguas Calientes, a village really close to Machu Picchu. For this tour, you can choose the Vistadome train or an Expedition train.
We will take the train to Aguas Calientes still early in the morning and arriving there we will begin our adventure. Our first challenge will be the Huayna Picchu sacred mountain, at 10:00 am. After one hour or a little more of hiking up, you will reach the wonderful summit of the mountain, from where you must take your time to enjoy the magnificent, unique view of Machu Picchu below and the large, green valley all around! One of a kind! Take many pictures of these wonderful places and enjoy your great climbing achievement!
After hiking down the Huayna Picchu, it’s time for lunch and to know a little of the Aguas Calientes village. Afterwards we will go on bus to the Machu Picchu complex for the unforgettable private guided tour; it is arranged only for you and your group. The tour covers all main attractions of the Inca citadel such as the Main Square, the Round Watchtower, the Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Cemeteries and more. It takes around 2:30 hours. When it’s over, you will still have time to continue enjoying the complex at your own pace. Do not forget to have all the unforgettable experiences in Machu Picchu!
You will then enjoy free time in Aguas Calientes before boarding the return train. It’s a ride to Ollantaytambo, and finally our transportation will take you back to your Cusco city lodging.
Machu Picchu tour schedule is flexible. It can be done before or after lunch, considering departure time of the return train.
In case there is no availability of entrance tickets to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, you can opt for an entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu mountain. This trek is a very good alternative since the panoramic view of the Inca citadel is opposite to the Huayna Picchu view and just as wonderful! Visiting hours to the Machu Picchu Mountain are between 7:00 and 10:00 am
This package may have minor changes due to ticket availability and schedules.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original passport, International Student Card (ISIC) in case you are a student
- Sneakers, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (from December to March), t-shirts, pants
- Cap or hat, sunblock, bottled water and personal medicines
- Shorts, swimsuit, cameras, extra money
- We recommend you have travel insurance
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.