Many people from around the world don’t pass the chance to hike the Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain in Quechua) which stands next to the Machu Picchu complex, because on the summit, the view is quite wonderful. It will be a really extraordinary experience! This tour is meant for travelers who are short on time but still want to do the Machu Picchu tour and climb the Huayna Picchu in just one day. It is possible! Enjoy the amazing Inca citadel and the landscape from the top of the mountain!
Check the Short Inca Trail availability now and book unforgettable journey to Machu Picchu!
MachuPicchu and HuaynaPicchu Mountain – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco city
- Bus ride from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Reception at the Aguas Calientes train station
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Hike up and down to the Huayna Picchu mountain
- Professionally guided tour of one of the Seven Wonders of the World – Machu Picchu
- Free time afterwards to continue exploring the citadel at your own will
- Free time in Aguas Calientes for lunch, going around the village, etc
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco city
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain – 1 Day Package Includes:
- Free transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Licensed guide in English or Spanish
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu Mountain
The Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain – 1 Day Package Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Tour the extraordinary Machu Picchu Inca site and climb the amazing Huayna Picchu mountain in just one day! Enjoy the sight of the citadel from the top of the Huayna Picchu and take the best photos! Before reaching the peak you will find archaeological places and see wonderful landscapes. Book now your Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu Mountain 1-Day package, full of adventure and history, the travel experience of a lifetime!
Pick up from the hotel in Cusco city and head to the train station in Ollantaytambo. All along the way you will see the splendid beauty of Andean nature and even get to the border of the Peruvian Amazon jungle! In Ollantaytambo it will be time to take the train to Aguas Calientes, a village really close to Machu Picchu. For this tour, you can choose the Vistadome train or an Expedition train.
We will take the train to Aguas Calientes still early in the morning and arriving there we will begin our adventure. Our first challenge will be the Huayna Picchu sacred mountain, at 10:00 am. After one hour or a little more of hiking up, you will reach the wonderful summit of the mountain, from where you must take your time to enjoy the magnificent, unique view of Machu Picchu below and the large, green valley all around! One of a kind! Take many pictures of these wonderful places and enjoy your great climbing achievement!
After hiking down the Huayna Picchu, it’s time for lunch and to know a little of the Aguas Calientes village. Afterwards we will go on bus to the Machu Picchu complex for the unforgettable private guided tour; it is arranged only for you and your group. The tour covers all main attractions of the Inca citadel such as the Main Square, the Round Watchtower, the Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Royal Cemeteries and more. It takes around 2:30 hours. When it’s over, you will still have time to continue enjoying the complex at your own pace. Do not forget to have all the unforgettable experiences in Machu Picchu!
You will then enjoy free time in Aguas Calientes before boarding the return train. It’s a ride to Ollantaytambo, and finally our transportation will take you back to your Cusco city lodging.
What to bring for this tour
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Gloves, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trains: You can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service for the Machu Picchu ride or the Andean Explorer for your trip to Puno.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinions of travelers like you
Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.