The Vistadome train to Machu Picchu offers wonderful panoramic windows and ceiling for a very good reason: for travelers to enjoy the wonderful views that can be seen of the green mountains, woods and the flowing river at the wayside, the amazing Andean nature. Besides, the Vistadome is a refined train with comfortable seats, elegant wagons, quite caring and attentive staff and a cheerful social atmosphere; passengers will also be given a wonderful fine alpaca garments fashion show and a performance of typical dances. Get to Machu Picchu on board the elegant, exciting Vistadome train!
Check the Short Inca Trail availability now and book unforgettable journey to Machu Picchu!
MachuPicchu by Train – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- Transfer from the hotel in Cusco city to the Poroy train station (05:45 am)
- Vistadome train ride from Poroy to the Aguas Calientes station (3 hours and 50 minutes)
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to the Machu Picchu citadel
- Professionally guided tour in Machu Picchu (2 hours and 30 minutes)
- After the tour, you will have free time to continue enjoying the citadel at your own leisure
- Return on bus to Aguas Calientes
- Free time for lunch or exploring the village
- Vistadome train ride from Aguas Calientes to Poroy
- Transfer from Poroy to Cusco city
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The 1-day tour of MachuPicchu by Vistadome Train Package Includes:
- Transfers Cusco city – Poroy train station – Cusco city
- Vistadome train ticket Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Poroy
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu citadel – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu citadel
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
The Machu Picchu by Vistadome Train Package Does Not Include:
- National or international flights
- Tips or extra expenses
The Vistadome train will allow you to delight with the quite magnificent views of the Cusco Andes in a refined environment with top professional attention, elegance and complete comfort.
Traveling on the Vistadome train:
At a quarter to six in the morning we will pick you up at your hotel on a private van and go to the Poroy Train Station. There you will board the wonderful Vistadome train headed to Aguas Calientes, the nearby Machu Picchu village; all the way you can really enjoy the astonishing Andean landscapes of woods, mountains and the river, greatly relaxing with the quietness of nature. Moreover, your Vistadome ride also includes typical Andean dances with characters in full-costume and a fashion show of trendy fine alpaca clothing. Enjoy a delightful social scene with family, friends and people from all over the world, and also try the delicious food the Vistadome offers to make your ride a totally pleasant experience. And do not forget to record all these beautiful moments and natural scenery!
Professionally guided tour in Machu Picchu:
Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes, our guide will take visitors to board the bus to the Machu Picchu citadel; there we will have the unforgettable, professionally guided tour of the Inca site, seeing the most important places of the complex, like Temple of the Three Windows, the Solar Clock, the Round Watchtower, the Main square and many more. Afterwards, you will be given free time to continue visiting the site at your own pace and itinerary. The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu will take the observation of Andean landscapes and the feeling of natural energy surely to their furthest! You will feel on an earthly paradise! After the unique Machu Picchu tour, we return to Aguas Calientes on bus to board again the comfortable Vistadome train, headed to the Poroy train station, and from there finally to your hotel in Cusco city.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, waterproof jacket, rain poncho (from December to March), t-shirts, pants
- Cap or hat, sunblock, bottled water and personal medicines
- Shorts, swimsuit, cameras, extra money
- We recommend you have travel insurance
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.