Our world shows sometimes, or from time to time, several very worrying, scaring social situations, for instance, terrorism, other ways of political violence and threatening of minorities. However, Peru today is living a very stable social period and although there have been some strikes recently, they only last for some days and then all activities can be resumed normally. You can be sure Peru is a guaranteed option for safe tourism.
Here is a guide for your Peru visit which will give you all the insider information needed to know about our society and idiosyncrasy so you will be ready all the time to only enjoy a dream vacation of safe tourism.
Is Peru Secure? More about Safe Tourism in the Country
Peruvian people are very warm with foreign tourists
Here in Cusco, the inhabitants are used to share the city and the region with travelers all along the year; they are used to see large and small groups of tourists riding or walking in cities, villages and archaeological sites. People are really helpful and caring with tourists, due to a natural sense of civility and also because tourism is the main economic activity of the region.
Peruvians remain away from social conflicts
Here in Cusco, people really is not prone to violence against tourists, so there is no risk at all of something related happening here in Peru, which is not the case in some other world’s premier destinations like Paris, London or Egypt, to name some. Here in Peru, impossible to have dangerous situations like those that happen there sometimes.
No racial tensions at all either
Peru is actually a multiracial country, where race tensions are really on a minimum level, nationals actually coexist in a very peaceful way. The Cusco region is used to kindly receive North American, African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Nordic, Russian people, you name it, travelers from all over the world. No racial tensions here, for everybody is actually looking for a quite relaxing and enriching vacation. So safe tourism here is real for a fact.
No minorities are bullied
Interestingly, Peruvian people conflicts on religion and LGBT issues for instance, remain confined to the nationals; the vast majority of Peruvians deem foreign tourists to come from far more open-minded cultures, with a “these are societies more evolved than ours” attitude. So they don’t interfere at all; most Peruvian people approach foreigners from the developed world as people from whom they can learn many things about more advanced stages of civilization.
All nationalities are welcome
So foreign tourists, called oftentimes “gringos” – Spanish for blondes- are always warmly welcomed in Peru, and particularly in Cusco, they can be sure of safe tourism. Here in the Cusco region, respect for tourists rules, and with the guides and staff constant care and support, you will have nothing to worry about except having the most of your wonderful vacation.
- When using an ATM, try to go to one with public around, not one in a somewhat desert place; and most of all, never accept help from strangers, for there are several malicious ways criminals use to steal from ATM users, even nationals.
- When using a credit card, never allow anybody to take the card away from you, because its magnetic band could be cloned and put on another card. Always keep it under sight.
- When doing any transaction, take the time to check coins and bills given to you, for in Peru false money is a current problem.
- Be careful with taking taxis; those authorized have yellow and black stickers on side windshields. Whenever possible, ask for a partner taxi company from your hotel reception.
- When going on tour, check that your van or bus have the proper license sticker.
- Always keep an eye on your belongings while in public places, for locals will have no responsibility for any loss. If you want to enjoy nightlife, always go in groups, for some troubles have been reported on the news.
- Whatever question you have about safety in Peru, you can also e-mail us, we will give you the best guidances.
Peru is a cool place. As you travel solo, you can safely learn something special for your life.
TOUR IN PERU Top, Safe Traveling Services for Tourism in Peru
Our travel agency is a leading one in the country, with more than 8 years of experience in giving our customers the best Peru vacation. We are a fully licensed, official tour operator which works with international standards of quality for all our services. Safe tourism is surely one of our priorities.
We offer private tours and private services for all top destinations in Peru, and also a wide range of wonderful regular packages that can be customized for our travelers’ requirements and greater comfort. Safe tourism to Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the Peruvian jungle and other magical destinations.
Peru and particularly Cusco are very safe, relaxing destinations for tourists in today’s dangerous world and on top of it, TOUR IN PERU has the best customer attention; all our professional workers are fully trained not only to provide the best touring services but also to care about our clients as persons who are away from their home and culture.
You can come to Peru with the certainty of having the vacation of a lifetime! Do safe tourism in a pacifist country and enjoy the many wonders we have to offer!</p