Preparation tips for the Short Inca Trail in 2 Days and 1 Night
The Short Inca Trail is part of the Mystical Network of Ancient Trails that lead to Machu Picchu, now One of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World.
With the short Inca Trail you get to enjoy all the best parts of the Inca Trail Condensed into a One Day Walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 day Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes it Perfect for Families with Children and those on a Tight Schedule.
The Short Inca Trail takes 2 days and 1 night at Aguas Calientes- the town of Machu Picchu. It is highly recommended that you take time to acclimatise and prepare physically in order to have an enjoyable experience; see why choose TOUR IN PERU for your next hiking experience!
Below are ways that you can prepare to hike the Short 2-day Inca Trail for your next 2017 – 2018 adventure to Machu Picchu!
The Short Inca Trail package please note already includes the night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes, but if you would like to upgrade the standard of hotel, meals or train service contact us in advance so as to make the arrangments in Advance.
What is included in a Short Inca Trail Package?
- Professional, lingual Tour Guide.
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Km 104
- Train Journey: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Bus Journey: Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 1-night bsic hotel in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, private bath, cable TV, breakfast)
- 1 breakfast, 1 box-lunch, 1 dinner (breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 2 are not included)
- Oxygen bottle, First Aid kit
- Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost!
Check the full package detailed itinerary, and book now!
What is not included in a Short Inca Trail Package?
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
- Breakfast on a first day and lunch and dinner on a second day
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance
What you need to bring for the Short Inca Trail:
We carefully prepared the packing list which will save your preparation time and help you to get ready to enjoy the trek.
- Please note climate and temperature changes are quite normal during the trek, so pack a day pack with a change of clothes for the duration of the trek.
- Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. You can get a rain ponchos for $1 in Cusco before your trek if you still don’t have one.
- Comfortable and strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots are recommended, but as long as your footwear is 100% comfortable you will be fine!
- Pack warm clothes for chilly mornings including jacket, fleeces, gloves, scarf and beanie.
- Camera, films and batteries.
- Hat or cap remember as well to cover the back of your neck for sun protection during the day.
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Snacks: energy bars, biscuits, chocolate, etc.
- Bottle of water
- Your own medical kit (And Any Special Medication That You Are Currently Taking)
- Small towel
- Swimsuit if you are going to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Cash for tips, souvenirs or other small expenses.
- It is very important to have your ORIGINAL passport to enter the Inca Trail and ISIC card if you are a student to get a discount.
- Walking sticks or poles which we can provide for the first day for trekking. Keep in mind that walking sticks can’t be taken to Machu Picchu Ruins and need to be left at the hotel.
General Physical Preparation for the Short Inca Trail
The Short Inca Trail is considered easy, but we recommend preparing for a minimum level of fitness just so you do not feel uncomfortable on a trek so have have an enjoyable and pleasurable experience.
Before traveling to Peru prepare yourself; do some cardio exercises, steps, instead of taking public transport- walk, etc.
If you have medical issues make sure you have consulted with your doctor before traveling, for those who have joint problems we strongly recommend walking poles or sticks which will make your walking easier. If walking poles are not on your preparation list, you can easily rent them in Cusco.
If you didn’t find all imformation you were looking for for your 2017 – 2018 hiking adventure, please contact TOUR IN PERU team for any further questions and requires.