Get first-hand experience of the locals who live life in ways we can hardly imagine with a rare homestay opportunity in a small village on Lake Titicaca. We guarantee daily tours for single travelers and groups. This tour starts and ends at your hotel in Puno. You will be able to see secred places from pre-Inca cultures, and you will be able to participate in some of the traditional activities that are still conserved by the local people.
Tour in Peru Team offers Cusco – Puno bus tour called ” The tour of the Sun”. This tour gives you option get safe in a comfortable bus to Puno and on the way visit most important attracions in between Cusco and Puno.
See our Travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next adventure in Peru.
Day 1: Puno – Amantani – Pachata – Puno
- 7:30-7:45 a.m. Transfer from your hotel to the Port of Puno.
- 8:00-9:30 Trip to the Islands of Uros and guided visit.
- 9:30-12:00 We will go to the Island of Amantani by motorized boat.
- 12:30-2:00 Lunch with a local family.
- 4:00-6:00 Guided walk to the pre-Inca Temple of Pachatata.
- 6:30-7:30 Dinner with the host family.
- 7:30-8:30 Reception party. We will stay overnight at the home of the host family.
Day 2: Taquile – Puno
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. We will travel by boat to the Island of Taquile.
- 10:00-11:00 You will have a guided visit of the island.
- 11:20-12:30 Lunch in the home of a local family.
- 12:30-3:30 We will travel by motorized boat to the Port of Puno.
- 3:40 Transfer to your hotel.
Attractions Included in this tour:
- Uros Island
- Amantani island
- Taquile Island
Titicaca with Homestay at Amantani – 2 Days 1 Night
Day 1: Puno – Uros – Pachata – Amanatani
We will begin by picking you up from your hotel in Puno at about 7 a.m. We will go to the port and board a boat that will take us to the Floating Islands of Uros. We will be able to see communities that live on islands made of reeds. Many other times made by the local people are also made of totora reeds, including houses and boats.
We will continue to the Island of Amantani and have a guided walk by the mountain where we will be able to see impressive views of the lake and Pachata ruins. At night, each person will be given a family to stay with. You will be able to participate in local customs with the families, and you will have dinner with them. After dinner, the families will give you local clothes and will take you to a traditional celebration.
Day 2: Taquile – Puno
The next day we will board the boat again and head to the Island of Taquile. We will walk down a trail on the island with great views of the lake. Once we get to the town you will have free time to explore the town and visit places of textile production. At lunch time we will go to a local restraunt and enjoy some local food. After a guided visit we will return to Puno and take you to your hotel. We will arrive back in Puno at about 3:30 p.m.
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.
The Titicaca with homestay Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- Boat transportation with basic facilities on board
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to all places mentioned
- 2 Lunches at local family homes, 1 traditional dinner, 1 breakfast
The Titicaca with homestay package Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.