Enjoy the amazing Titicaca Lake, its beauty and also pre-Inca archaeological sites, the traditions and folklore of local people, with a unique experience of a home stay in a village on the Titicaca Lake! This package begins and ends in Puno, and we have daily availability for groups and solo travelers.
The Tour in Peru Team offers the Cusco-Puno bus tour called “The Sun Tour”. It is a journey on a private, comfortable bus from Cusco city to Puno, visiting the most important attractions in between!
See our testimonials for inspiration!
Day 1: Puno – Amantani – Pachata – Puno
- 7:30-7:45 a.m. Transfer from your hotel to the Port of Puno.
- 8:00-9:30 Trip to the Uros Island and professionally guided visit.
- 9:30-12:00 Tour to the Amantani Island on a motorboat.
- 12:30-2:00 Lunch with a typical local family.
- 4:00-6:00 Professionally guided hike to the pre-Inca Temple of Pachatata.
- 6:30-7:30 Dinner with the host family.
- 7:30-8:30 Reception party. We will stay overnight at the host family’s home.
Day 2: Taquile – Puno
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. On boat journey to the Taquile Island.
- 10:00-11:00 Professionally guided tour of the island.
- 11:20-12:30 Lunch at a local family’s home.
- 12:30-3:30 On motorboat back to the Puno pier.
- 3:40 Transfer to your hotel.
Attractions Included in this tour:
- Uros Island
- Amantani island
- Taquile Island
The Titicaca with homestay Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- Boat transportation with basic facilities on board
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to all places mentioned
- 2 Lunches at local family homes, 1 traditional dinner, 1 breakfast
The Titicaca with homestay package Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
Titicaca with Homestay at Amantani – 2 Days 1 Night
Day 1: Puno – Uros – Pachata – Amanatani
We’ll pick you up from the hotel in Puno at about 7 a.m. Then go to the pier and board a boat headed to the Floating Islands of the Uros. There we can see communities that live on islands made of reeds. Many other things made by local people are also made of typical totora reeds, including houses and boats.
The tour continues to the Amantani Island and we will have a professionally guided hike by the mountain where we will have impressive views of the Titicaca Lake and the Pachata ruins. At night, each person will stay with a local family. You will take part on typical, folkloric activities and then you will have dinner with them. After dinner, the families will give you typical clothes and will take you to a traditional celebration.
Day 2: Taquile – Puno
This day we will board a boat again and head to the Taquile Island. We will walk down a trail on the island with great views of the Titicaca Lake. Once we get to the village you will have free time to explore it and visit places of textile production. At lunchtime we go to a local restaurant for enjoying typical meals. After a professionally guided visit, we go back to Puno and take you to your hotel. The arrival in Puno will be at around 3:30 pm.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, shorts, rain poncho for the rainy season (November to March)
- Sun hat, sunblock, bottled water and personal medicines
- Extra money, cameras
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Opinons of travelers like you
Prices: Fares for the 2-day tour of Lake Titicaca with Homestay depends on the number of people in your group (as many people in a group prices for the tour gets lower).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.