On this full day tour, you will be able to cross Lake Titicaca by boat, and witness the traditions of the local Uros People, with their houses made of totora plants. We will visit the Island of Taquile, where we will witness Andean traditions still conserved by the local people.
- 6:30-6:45 a.m. We will pick you up from your hotel in Puno and board the bus.
- 7:00-7:30 We will travel by boat to the Island of the Uros.
- 8:45-10:40 We will travel by motorized boat to the Island of Taquile.
- 11:40-12:40 We will have a guided tour of the Island of Taquile.
- 12:45-2:15 We will have lunch at the home of a local family.
- 2:30-5:00 We will return to Puno by motorized boat.
- 5:00-5:10 Transfer to your hotel in Puno.
See our Travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next adventure in Peru.
Attractions Included in this tour:
- Uros Island
- Taquile Island
The 1-day Titicaca Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- Boat transportation with basic facilities on board
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to all places mentioned
- Lunch at family restaurant with a small presentation in Taquile
The 1-day Titicaca package Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
Full Day Tour of Uros and Lake Titicaca – Uros and Taquile
We will pick you up from your hotel in Puno at 7 a.m. and head to the port at Lake Titicaca. We will take a motorized boat to our first stop on the floating Islands of Uros. Here you will be able to see small communities and families that live on islands made of totura reeds. We will be able to see all of the things that the local people make from the reed, including houses, artwork, and boats. Our guide will tell you about the lifestyle of the local people.
Tour of Taquile Island. We will then head to the Island of Taquile, and when we arrive we will walk along a wide trail with impressive veiws of the lake. We will visit some places where local artwork is made, and at lunch time we will go to the home of a local family and enjoy some of the local food. The boat will then take us to the Port of Puno and we will arrive at about 5 p.m. The tour ends with transfer to your hotel.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Opinons of travelers like you
Prices: Fares for the 1 Full day tour of Lake Titicaca depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.