Travel to the heart of the ancient Incan empire, Cusco, and experience the diverse manifestations of the ancient Inca Empire, in the beautiful Andes Mountains.
- Day 1: Arrival to Lima. Overnight flight.
- Day 2: Flight from Lima to Cusco. City tour in the afternoon.
- Day 3: Tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Day 4: Trip from cusco to Aguas Calientes.
- Day 5: Grand Tour of Machu Picchu.
- Day 6: Moray and Salt Mines of Maras.
- Day 7: Tour in the city of Cusco.
- Day 8: Flight from Cusco to Lima.
Attractions Included in this Travel Package:
- Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
The Travel Package at the Center of the Inca Empire Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotels
- Entrance tickets to all places of visit
- Breakfast, lunches and dinners
- Domestic flights: Lima-Cusco-Lima
The Travel Package at the Center of the Inca Empire Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
Travel Package to the Center of the Inca Empire
Day 1: Arrival in Lima – Welcome to Peru. Upon arrival in Lima, our staff will be waiting for you and take you to the arranged hotel. Most international flights arrive late in the evening and your morning flight to Cusco will leave early, so we recommend a good night´s sleep.
Day 2: Lima to Cusco / City Tour: Koricancha / Sacsayhuaman Our staff in Lima will take you from the hotel to the airport for your direct flight to Cusco, a spectacular 70-minute flight that will take you over the snow-covered peaks of the Cordillera Vilacabamba and Vilcanota.
Our staff will be waiting for you at Cusco airport to take you to your hotel for a relaxing time and a delicious Coca tea. At the agreed time we will start a tour of Cusco with visits to Koricancha – the ancient Inca Temple, the archeological complex of Sacsayhuaman, perched just above Cusco, the Cathedral of Cusco, Plaza de Armas, Q’enqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
Day 3: Exploring the Sacred Valley – Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Archaeological Complexes and Markets. Day three takes you to the most beautiful attractions of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The first visit is to the colonial town of Pisac and the Inca ruins that sit on a mountain 1900 feet above the town.
We will visit the handicraft market and continue on to Urubamba, where we will have lunch in a local restraunt. We will then head to the town of Ollantaytambo and on the way back to Cusco we will go to the traditional town of Chinchero and see its ruins. We will then return to Cusco.
Day 4: Machu Picchu – Train Journey to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Town.
After a good night sleep and a delicious breakfast at the hotel, we will board the bus and then travel by train to the town of Aguas Calientes. You will have free time to have lunch and visit the hot springs here.
Day 5: Grand Tour of Machu Picchu – We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning and take you to Machu Picchu, one of the seven modern wonders of the world. You will have a guided tour you will then have free time to continue exploring the site and take pictures, as well as to have lunch in the restraunt of your choice.
For the energetic, there are numerous short hikes to be done early on this day; contact our travel experts for more information and to book any of the additional hikes in and around Machu Picchu, the most popular being the climb up Huayna Picchu or the climb up to Machu Picchu Mountain.
Later in the afternoon, we will return to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 6: Visit to Moray Agricultural Terraces / Maras Salt Mines / Visit to a Local Community. At around 9:00 in the morning, our staff will pick you up from the hotel to take you on the tour of Moray – Inca ruins shaped like an amphitheater that may have been an agricultural experiment. You will continue to Maras, a small town renowned for its colonial doorways; finally, you will descend an ancient path to salt mines that have been in continuous use since pre-Inca times. They are truly unique.
After a traditional lunch, we will visit a small village nestled among Andean peaks at the edge of Lake Piuray, where the inhabitants continue to live much as they did hundreds of years ago. The women of this village practice traditional, Incan weaving techniques – some of the oldest in the Americas – and the more than 50 unique designs produced here have spread throughout the region. This visit is far off the beaten path and gives you the opportunity to experience the hospitality of the Andean people. We will then return to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 7: Cusco – Private Walking Tour of Cusco. On day seven, you will take a private walking tour of one of Peru´s most attractive, fascinating cities: Cusco. You will see many museums such as the Pre-Columbian Art Museum as well as the churches and cathedrals and to the bohemian neighborhood of San Blas. The afternoon will be free time so you can explore Cusco on your own.
Day 8: Cusco to Lima – Return Home. Today you will be transferred to the airport to board your direct flight from Cusco to Lima. You will have an afternoon of free time there.
We can also provide you additional tours in Lima upon request.
At the appropriate time, you will be transferred back to Jorge Chavez Airport for your international flight home.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this package:
- Backpack (30 litres)
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Glovs, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trains: You can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service for the Machu Picchu ride or the Andean Explorer for your trip to Puno.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinons of travelers like you
Fares for the Center of the Empire Travel Package depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.