This is an ideal option for people who want to learn a bit more about Cusco´s beautiful culture. The Cusco city tour combines attractions from the Inca Culture, and from colonial times. We provide guaranteed daily departures for all: Tours for singles and groups. This tour starts and ends in Cusco and is by bus.
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
Cusco City Tour in Half a Day
- 1:30-2:00 p.m. Pick up from your hotel.
- 2:00-2:25 Tour of the cathederal of Cusco.
- 2:35-3:15 Tour of the Temple of the Sun.
- 3:20-3:35 Transfer to Sacsayhuaman.
- 3:30-4:25 Tour of Sacsayhuaman.
- 4:35-4:55 Tour of the ruins of Qenqo.
- 5:05-5:15 Tour of Pucará.
The City tour Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to all places we visit
The City tour Does Not Include:
- Tips or extra expenses
Cusco City Tour – Half a Day Tour
Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 1:45 pm to take you to our bus and start the tour of Cusco and its surroundings. We will visit the following archeological and religious attractions from the Inca Culture:
Tour of Qoricancha Temple and the Santo Domingo Convent. This is a religious center known as “Temple of the Sun”, actually, it was the most important Temple in Inca Times. What stands out here is the impressive engineering that was employed in its construction, and the paintings from the Cusquenian school housed inside.
Tour of the Cathedral. This is a colonial and religious monument of extraordinary artistic value; a variety of artistic works are found there.
Tour of Sacsayhuaman. It is located 3 km. outside of Cusco. This is an impressive fortress of excellent architecture;
it is famous for its construction based on rocks. Some of these rocks are about 9 m (30 ft) high and weigh more than 350 tons. Sacsayhuaman is the place where the “Inti Raymi” (Party of the Sun) is celebrated every 24th of June.
Tour of Qenqo. This was a ceremonial and religious center in Inca times. Qenqo was an amphitheater in which sacrifices used to take place.
Tour of Pucapucara. This was an old Tambo (rest and guard post); these posts used to be found all along the Inca Trail paths (walkways) in Inca Times.
Tour of Tambomachay. This was a ceremonial center where the Incas used to worship the water; it is also known as the place of the waters of the eternal youth.
After the guided tour, we will visit a traditional market where you can admire the beautiful work local handicraft work; you can also get some souvenirs there. The tour lasts about five hours and ends at Regocijo Square (a half away block from the main square) at around 6:30 pm. We will transfer to your hotel at the end.
What to bring for this tour
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Gloves, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trains: You can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service for the Machu Picchu ride or the Andean Explorer for your trip to Puno.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinions of travelers like you
Prices: Fares for the Half day tour of Cusco depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.