Want to have the grand tour of MachuPicchu? TOUR IN PERU gives you the chance to visit One of the 7 New Wonders of the World in just 1 day and MachuPicchu by Train tour is a great option! We have guaranteed daily tours for all: single travelers and groups. This tour starts and ends in Cusco.
For those who are short on time but looking for a little adventure, we have a Short Inca Trail. This is a 2 days and 1 night trek to Machu Picchu. On the way you will get to explore the ancient Inca road and experience the mystic and deep history along the way.
Check the Short Inca Trail availability now and book unforgettable journey to Machu Picchu!
MachuPicchu by Train – 1 Full Day Tour – Itinerary
- 05:50 – 07:30 Transfer from hotel to Ollantaytambo by bus.
- 07:45 – 09:15 Travel by Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 09:15 – 09:25 Reception in the Aguas Calientes train station.
- 09:30 – 10:00 Bus journey from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 10:00 – 12:30 Guided tour of one of the New 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
- 13:00 – 18:00 Free time to go back to Aguas Calientes, have lunch, see the town, or relax in the Hot Springs.
- 18:30 – 20:20 Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 20:30 – 22:30 Return to Cusco by bus for your overnight in Cusco.
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
The 1-day tour of MachuPicchu by Train Package Includes:
- Pick up and Transfers: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
The Machu Picchu by Train Package Does Not Include:
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Our tour starts in your hotel in Cusco. We will pick you up from at around 5:50 a.m. to head to Ollantaytambo. Recommended: take with you a small backpack for your comfort. Then, we will arrive at about 7:30 a.m. and next, we have to take a train to Aguas Calientes. The MachuPicchu by Train trip from Cusco to Aguas Calientes has a duration of 4 hours, and there are many spectacular views along the way. You will see lush fields and colorful villages in the foothills of the Andes mountains. The landscapes also include the Urubamba River which runs through the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Members of the TOUR IN PERU staff will wait for you at 09:15 a.m at the train station in Aguas Calientes, and together we will take the bus up to Machu Picchu on a 25-minute bus ride through a zigzag path.
Once in Machu Picchu, from 10:00 am, our guide will start the guided tour during until 1:00 pm. You will visit the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Royal Inca Cemeteries. The guided tour at MachuPicchu takes about 3 hours and after it you will have some free time to enjoy, explore, take pictures, or just walk around the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. So get your camera ready and enjoy your visit to Machu Picchu by train. Are you going to one of the 7 Modern Wonders of the World?
You will have free time during the afternoon before taking train back to Ollantaytambo in order to have lunch, visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes or visit the small handcraft market or museum. You can have lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes or a special one at the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel (lunch is not included in the package).
Finally, at around 06:00 pm you will travel by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. The transfer to your hotel is at around 10:30 pm.
Keep in mind that this is just a sample package which may experience small changes due to availability and train departures.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Sneakers, T-shirts, Pants, Shorts, Bathing suit, and Sun hat
- Waterproof jacket and Rain poncho from Nov to Mar.
- Sunscreen, Bottled Water, and Personal medication
- Cameras and Extra money
- Travel Insurance is recommended
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.