Want to take a relaxed tour of Machu Picchu and also see WaynaPicchu? Avoid spending the whole day traveling and hiking. This 2-day tour will let you climb Huayna Picchu and, of course, enjoy Machu Picchu. The tour is for people of all ages. It begins and finishes at your hotel in Cusco. Guaranteed daily tours for singles and groups.
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
HuaynaPicchu MachuPicchu Tour by Train in 2 Days and 1 Night
- 10:30 Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- 10:30 – 12:30 We will take a bus to Ollantaytambo.
- 12:45 – 14:30 We will take a train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 14:30 – 14:40 Reception at the train station in Aguas Calientes.
- 15:00 – 18:00 Free time to have lunch, visit the town and the markets, or the hot springs.
- 19:00 – 19:30 Briefing at the hotel with the guide.
- 6:00 Pick up from your hotel.
- 06:15 – 06:45 We will take a bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- 07:00 – 10:00 Hike up Huayna Picchu and back down (on your own).
- 10:00 – 12:30 Guided tour of one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu. You will have free time to keep exploring, take pictures, to return to Aguas Calientes by bus, to have lunch, and look around the town.
- 18:30 – 20:20 Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 20:30 – 22:35 Return to Cusco by bus.
This Package Includes:
- Pick up and transfers: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu and WaynaPicchu
- 1-night hotel with breakfast in Aguas Calientes (hotel services can be up-graded upon request)
The Package Does Not Include:
- Meals (they can be included upon request)
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Day 1 : Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 10:15 am. to go to Ollantaytambo. We will take the train at around 12:30 and have a 1 and half hour train ride to Aguas Calientes.
The train goes through lush fields and colorful villages in the foothills of the Andes, and has great views of the mountains and of the beautiful Urubamba River which runs through the Sacred Valley. Once in Aguas Calientes, our staff will be waiting for you at the train station to take you to your hotel.
Once in Aguas Calientes, at around 2:30 p.m. we will take you to the hotel of your choice. The guide will see you at your hotel to breif you about the next day’s tour. You will have the afternoon free to have lunch, visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes or visit the small market or the museum. You can have lunch at the restaurant of your choice in the town of Aguas Calientes (lunch is not included in the package).
Day 2 : HuaynaPicchu – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel at about 6 a.m. and go to Machu Picchu. We will go to the entrance of Huayna Picchu at about 7 a.m. and hike up the mountain. It will take about 60 minutes to reach the top, and once there you will be able to enjoy the great view of Machu Picchu and the nature that surrounds it. It will take about 50 minutes to go back down. At 10 a.m. we will have a guided visit of Machu Picchu. After the tour (about 2 and a half hours) you will have free time to keep exploring and to take pictures. You will then be able to take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, and you will have free time to explore the town, go to the hot srpings, or visit the handicraft market. At about 6:30 p.m. we will begin to return to Cusco and arrive there at about 10:30 p.m.
If there are no entrances left for Huayna Picchu, you may take the hike up Machu Picchu mountain. This is a very good alternative since the view of the ruins of Machu Picchu on this mountain is from the other side of the valley opposite Huayna Picchu.
What to bring for this tour
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Gloves, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for all of our services:
Trains: you can ask for a high class train, the Hiram Bingham luxury service.
Accomodation: If you feel like staying in a hotel during your stay in Cusco even for a couple of hours, we have plenty of options for you. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
Opinions of travelers like you
Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.