This tour offers you an excursion aboard a comfortable bus, and includes visits to the most important attracions in Cusco and Puno. You will get to see the town of Andahuaylillas and its beautiful colonial church. We will see the ruins of Raqchi, the museum of Pucara, and other important sites.
See our Travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next adventure in Peru.
- 07:00 – 07:15 We will pick you up from your hotel and head to the bus station.
- 07:30 – 08:15 We will take a bus from cusco to Andahuaylillas.
- 08:15 – 08:45 We will visit the church of San Pedro de Andahuaylillas.
- 08:50 – 10:40 Bus to Raqchi.
- 10:45 – 11:20 Guided tour of the Inca temple at Raqchi.
- 11:25 – 12:30 Bus to Sicuani.
- 12:30 – 14:00 Buffet lunch in a local restraunt.
- 14:05 – 14:40 Bus trip to La Raya.
- 14:40 – 14:50 We will stop in La Raya to take picture of snow covered mountains. This is the highest point between Cusco and Puno.
- 14:50 – 15:40 We will take a bus to Pucara.
- 15:40 – 16:20 Guided tour of the town and the museum in Pucara.
- 16:20 – 17:00 We will go by bus to Puno.
Attractions Included in this tour:
- La Raya Pass
1 Full Day Tour of the Route of the Sun (Cusco – Puno)
Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 7:00 am to take you to our bus and start the tour from Cusco to Puno. We will visit the following attractions:
Church of Andahuaylillas. Known as the ”Sistine Chapel of the Americas”. It is a colonial building with a simple appearance. The reason that it is an important site because of the artwork found inside. Many origional colonial era works of art of great value are kept inside the church.
Archaelogical group of Raqchi. A temple built for the god Wiracocha, it is an enormous rectangular two-story structure that measures 92 metres long (300 ft) and 25.5 metres wide (84 ft). This structure consists of a central adobe wall that is 18 to 20 m high.
The temple of Raqchi is flanked on each side by a row of eleven columns. The structure inclued a place to store food, and living spaces.
Lunch in Sicuani. Sicuani is a relatively large highland town. The town is a major intersection, with the road to Puno/Arequipa passing through. This town is surrounded by some very pretty hills. You will have an exquisite lunch in our exclusive local restaurant with a family atmosphere.
La Raya Pass. At this beautiful pass, located at 4310m – 14172 ft, we have the chance to get out and breathe the pure fresh air and take pictures of grazing llamas and alpacas.
Pukara Church and Museum. Pukara is a small town located 106 km from Puno. This is where the famous ”toritos de pukara” are made. These are hung on the doors of houses for good luck. The Pukara Culture was a very important culture in pre-Inca times. They had knowledge of engineering, and architecture. We will visit the local museum, and continue to Puno. We will arrive in Puno at about 5 p.m. We will take you to your hotel in Puno.
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.
The Cusco to Puno Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Tourist transportation with basic toilet facilities on board
- Entrance tickets to all places of visit
- Lunch at a tourist restaurant in Juliaca
The Cusco to Puno Package Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
What you need to take for this tour:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho for the rainy season
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
All payment methods include extra charges not added in the quotation. Please check the payment details.