The Sun, which was considered the most important deity in the Inca empire, was worshiped by the Incas; therefore, one of the most important celebrations during Inca times was that of Inti Raymi or Sun Party. A celebration to honor the god Inti (the Sun). Learn more about the Inca Culture taking part in this great celebration.
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
Celebration of Inti Raymi – Sun Party Tour on June 24th 2017
- 08:00 – 09:00 The first part takes place at Koricancha (Temple of the Sun)
- 10:00 – 11:30 The second part takes place at the Plaza de Armas
- 13:00 – 15:30 The last (main part) takes place at Sacsayhuaman
The Inti Raymi Package Includes:
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers from and to your hotel
- Entrance tickets to all places mentioned
- Box Lunch
The Inti Raymi tour Does Not Include:
- Meals not mentioned in the package
- Tips or extra expenses
Inti Raymi – The Sun Party – Tour on June 24th, 2017
The unique Inti Raymi or Sun Party is a religious Inca ceremony that takes place every 24th of June in Cusco – Peru. Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 7:45 am to take you on this tour. The celebration of Inti Raymi or festival of the Sun takes place in three stages: the Koricancha Temple, the Main Square, and the Sacsayhuaman Fortress.
The ceremony starts with the entrance of four armies from each part of the Inca Empire. Dancing with colorful costumes, hundred of Inca soldiers go to the gardens of the Korikancha Temple. Some minutes later the Inca Emperor, along the more important people of the nobility announce the beginning of the Inti Raymi.
In the Main Square, the Inca will perform the coca leaf ceremony to be grateful to their god: the Sun. Inca soldiers, priests and people join this ceremony. As a special moment called the Meeting of the Two Times, where the Inca emperor meets the City Major and gives him advice for the future.
Later, the ceremony takes place at the Sacsayhuaman Fortress. All the dancers come together in an amazing performance that remarks the typical dances of the Inca Empire. During the Inti Raymi, three main rituals will be done: a gratitude ritual using a golden glass with chicha (a sacred beberage made of corn), the continuing of the promess of the god Sun protecting the Inca People in the fire ceremony, and finally the Inca priest will predict the future of the Empire by inspecting the entrail of a chosen lama in the lama ceremony.
The tour ends at about 15:30 with transfer back to your hotel.
Contact our travel experts if you are interested in doing the 1-day tour of Inti Raymi. This tour can be combined with any 2017 Peru travel package or one of our tours such as that of Cusco, tours of Machu Picchu, Inca Trail, Inca jungle, tour of lima, tours of Puno and Lake Titicaca, etc.
Please reffer to this link to read some frequently asked questions on the 2017 Inti Raymi celebration.
What to bring for this tour
What you need to take for the Inti Raymi:
- Sneakers, T-shirts, trousers, Shorts, Rain poncho (in case it rains)
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Extra money, Cameras
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinons of travelers like you
Prices: Fares for the tour of Inti Raymi depend on which of the 3 places you want to see it from:
The Green Zone (the popular one): 190 dollars per person.
The Blue Zone (the prefferred one): 230 dollars per person.
The Orange Zone the (VIP one): 250 dollars per person.
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.