Short on time or energy? You can still enjoy part of the Inca Trail. This is an easy but amazing trek for 2017! The adventure lasts only 2 days and you will visit the most beautiful ruins on the Inca trail, Wiñay Wayna, and then have the grand tour of Machu Picchu!
Check the Short Inca Trail Availability now! Our team provides posibility for you to check availability on our page, we update information at real time. For any further information please contact Tour in Peru.
Click to see travellers’ testimonials for inspiration on your next Peru adventure.
Short, Fast, Easy Inca Trail in 2 Days and 1 Night
Day 1: 6:00-7:30 a.m. Transfer from hotel to train station in Ollantaytambo.
- 7:45-9:00 We will board the train.
Visit to the ruins of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna, Walk to Intipunku (the gate of the sun).
- 3:20-400 p.m. Panoramic view of Machu Picchu.
- 4:00-4:30 We will take a bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
You will have free time to visit the market, the museum, or the hot springs.
You will spend the night in the hotel of your choice.
- 6:00-6:30 a.m. Transfer hotel-bus station-Machu Picchu.
- 7:00-10:00 Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
You will have free time to take pictures, have lunch, or visit the museum or market.
- 6:30-8:20 p.m. Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 8:30-10:30 Return to cusco by bus.
If you have questions about the Inca Trail, you can read the Frequently Asked Questions
Reminder: Schedules and information may vary.
The Short Fast Inca Trail Package Includes:
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide.
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Km 104
- Train Journey: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Bus Journey: Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 1-night bsic hotel in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, private bath, cable TV, breakfast)
- 1 breakfast, 1 box-lunch, 1 dinner (breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 2 are not included)
- Oxygen bottle, First Aid kit
- Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost!
The Short Inca Trail Package Does Not Include:
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
Day 1 of the SHORT Inca Trail – Km 104 to Machu Picchu (Meals: L,D)
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:00 a.m. (depending on train time) and take you to the train station. We will travel first by bus and then by train, on a very picturesque route for 3.5 hrs until we reach Km 104 – the start of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. From there, we will trek uphill for about 4 hours to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna (Quechua for Forever Young) (2700m/8850 ft). While there we will have a box lunch and then spend some time enjoying this impressive site before merging onto the path of the classic Inca Trail.
We will continue the hike on to Inti Punku (Sun gate) (2730m/8792ft) from where we will have a panaromic and breathtaking view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We will walk down the last part of the Inca trail to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu allowing you to get a quick glimpse in preparation for the next day. We will take a side path off the Inca trail to go down to the town of Aguas Calientes. We finish the day going down to Aguas Calientes and having dinner at a local restaurant.
Total walking hours :00 hrs (0 km.) – Initial altitude 2100 m. – Final 2,730 m.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes (Altitude: 2000m, 6500ft)
Day 2 of the SHORT Inca Trail – Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Meals: B)
We have breakfast and then take the first bus (6 am) up to Machu Picchu. We’ll see the beautiful sunrise and have the grand tour of Machu Picchu by visiting the most important temples in the ruins for about 2.5 hrs. You will have some free time to go on exploring the site on your own.
For an additional fee, we can get the entrance tickets for Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (the top of the mountain we see in every picture of Machu Picchu) 2720m/8890ft. This optional hike should be booked in advance (it takes a 50 min to reach the top and another 50 min to hike down).
You will have the afternoon free for you to have lunch, visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes or the small market or museum. Finally, you will travel by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel.
Total walking hours :00 hrs (0 km) – Initial altitude 2000 m. Final 2,400 m.
Train back to Ollantaytambo, bus back to Cusco, and transfer to your hotel.
Reminder: Schedules and information may vary.
What to bring for this tour
What to bring
- Backpack (30 litres)
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain poncho, waterproof jacket, T-shirts
- Woolen cap, sun hat, ear muffs
- Trousers, shorts, swimsuit
- Underwear, socks
- Glovs, scarf
- Sneakers, tekking shoes, sandals
Health and Care
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repelent, sun hat
- Small towel
- Bottled water
- Personal medication
- Camera, charging cord
- Extra batteries
- Cash in soles
Upgrade options for your comfort
You can always ask for an upgrade for any of our services:
- Private Tours: Do not waste time waiting and have the full experience only for you and your people.
- Trek Aid: You can rent a horse to complete the Rainbow Mountain or Salkantay Trek.
- Accomodation: Cusco, Lima and Arequipa have plenty of options for a good sleep and rest. Please check our hotel lists to find the best option for you.
- Food: Do you want to taste Pervian gourmet food? Ask us for special restaurants in any city and indulge yourself!
- Guiding: Our guides are very knowledgeable and experienced, but if you want a specialized guiding you can ask us to a special guiding service.
- Special services: Are you planning something special for a friend’s birthday? Or maybe an anniversary? Contact us and we will support you to realize your plan!
- Extra destinations: If you have some place in mind that is not in this itinerary, just tell us and we will make all the arrangements for you.
Opinons of travelers like you
Fares for this tour depend on the number of people in your group (more people less pricy).
Are you looking for the price of the tour? Send us a mail and we will send you the quotation as soon as possible.